*** I will post scholarships here as I receive them. Please be vigilant in checking this site for all the updates and new scholarships/information.
Websites to use as search tools for scholarships:
Random scholarships - look through and find ones that work for you - https://www.mometrix.com/blog/scholarships-for-college/
Scholarship website - There are over 135; however, I will say many don't apply to the Pleasanton students. I was able to see a few that some Pleasanton kids could apply to if you want to look through them. The majority of the scholarships was for Hall County residents and graduates from Grand Island schools. It is worth looking through and applying for the ones that the students can though. Scholarship directory - see what scholarships are offered - http://www.gicf.org/scholarships/directory Create an account here and apply for the scholarships - https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=gicfscholarship
Scholarships360: Twitter (@scholarships360)
Cappex Scholarship Search
College Board Scholarship Search
1. Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship - Deadline Nov. 15
https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm - Click Apply Now for application
- Must be a HS student
- Must be a US Citizen
- Does not need to be a member of the Elks (or related to someone who is)
2. Horatio Alger Scholarship - Deadline October 25
To be eligible to apply for any of the Horatio Alger Undergraduate Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2021 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
Be a United States citizen
3. Hagan Scholarship - Deadline November 15
You must apply for the FAFSA first. The FAFSA application doesn't open until October 1.
You must have a $6,500 or less Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA report.
1. ACT and SAT scores are not required.
2. Must attend an Eligible Public High School.
3. FAFSA EFC must not exceed $6,500.
4. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
5. Must have achieved a 3.75 CGPA using a 4.0 Scale.
6. Must be ranked by the school and in the top 20% of the high school graduating class.
7. Must enroll at an eligible four-year college or university the first semester following high school graduation.
8. Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of each year of college.
9. Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
10. Must not have a felony conviction.
4. Aspiring Nurse Scholarship - Deadline August 31
A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics
A passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare
5. Quest Bridge - Deadline September 27
Demonstrate academic excellence; need based
6. Wendy's Heisman - Deadline October 2
$1,000 - $10,000 award
"B" average; participate in at least one school-sponsored sport
7. United States Senate Youth Program - Deadline October 4
Student will take a test
8. Young Arts - Deadline October 13
$10,000 maximum award
voice, writing, jazz, photography, dance, visual arts, music, theatre, cinematic arts, design arts
9. Nebraska Wesleyan University - Writers Workshop and Scholarship Event - Deadline October 26
Compete for a $10,000 Aspiring Writers Scholarship ($2,500 x 4 years) or a $4,000 Writers Recognition Scholarship ($1,000 x 4 years)
10. APIASF Scholarship Programs - Deadline October 31
One thousand scholarships are available to African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American students. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher (on an unweighted 4.0 scale), have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular and other activities and be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.
11. VFW Voice of Democracy Contest - Deadline October 31
"My Vision for America" audio-essay contest
12. Wichita State University - Deadline November 1
$52,000 scholarships - GPA 3.5 and ACT 24 or SAT 1090
13. Ron Brown Scholar - Deadline November 1
Must be Black/African American, excel academically, exhibit exceptional leadership potential, participate in community service activities and demonstrate financial need.
14. Valparaiso University Lutheran Leader Scholarship and Intern Program - Deadline November and December 1
15. Indiana University Dean's Scholarship - Deadline November 1
Out-of-state freshmen awarding $1,000 to $11,000 per year
16. Dr. Pepper Scholarship - Deadline November 3
DR PEPPER IS AWARDING OVER $1,000,000 IN TUITION TO HELP STUDENTS REACH THEIR BIGGEST GOALS!
You must be a U.S. legal resident of an Eligible State and within the age eligibility of 18 to 24 years old.
You are not eligible if you or a member of your immediate family or household (whether or not related) is an:
(A) employee, officer or director of any Promotion Party
(B) owner/operator or person responsible for purchasing or promotion decisions at retailers of Sponsor products. You must not be an active NCAA collegiate athlete (any division) in any sport, nor played professional, semi-professional, or Division I collegiate football at any time.
“Immediate family” means spouses, parents, children, siblings and step-parents/children/siblings, whether or not living at the same residence.
Up to $100,000 in tuition: Dr Pepper will select finalists to throw for the prize at a College Football Conference Championship game this year.
Five (5) $100,000 Tuition Prizes (one at each Grand Prize Game)
Five (5) $25,000 Runner-Up Prizes (one per Grand Prize Game)
Ten (10) $2,500 Consolation Prizes (two per Grand Prize Game)
17. Prudential Spirit of Community Awards - Deadline November 6
Recognizes students who have made meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer services
18. Jack Kent Cooke Foundation - Deadline November 14
Up to $40,000 per year
High achieving seniors with financial need, Test Scores, High Grades, Community Service
19. Wayne State College of Art & Design - Deadline November 15
Candidates must be seeking an Art & Design degree at Wayne State with a concentration in Studio Art, Graphic Design, or K-12 Art Education.
20. UNK Department of Art - Deadline November 16
Going into the art program - portfolio required
Must apply and be admitted to Kearney
21. Nebraska Wesleyan University Art Scholarship - Deadline December 1
Prospective students attend an NWU Art Exhibition and compete for a scholarship. Two students will receive a $10,000 ($2,500 per year) Best of Show Scholarship.Selected participants will receive a $4,000 ($1,000 per year) Art Talent Scholarship.
22. Air Force ROTC High School Scholarship - Deadline December 1
The Air Force ROTC High School Scholarship Program provides 3- and 4-year scholarships in three different types to high school seniors. The application process is the same for each type.
23. The Harry and Reba Huge Foundation at Nebraska Wesleyan - Deadline December 1
Huge-NWU Scholarship - 1 full tuition, fees, room and board for four years. 27 ACT and 3.5 GPA
24. KHOP Scholarship - Deadline December 1
Enter a medical program at UNK
25. RHOP Scholarship at Chadron- Deadline December 1
attending Chadron State College - Have to be going into a health profession
26. RHOP at Wayne - Deadline December 1
Going into Health profession at Wayne.
27. KLOP, RLOP, - Deadline December 1
Entering into law professions at the schools
Kearney - https://www.unk.edu/admissions/kearney-law-opportunities-program/
Wayne - https://www.wsc.edu/rlop
28. AXA Achievement - Deadline December 15
Scholarships of $10,000 and $25,000 with a winner in every state - only the first 10,000 applications accepted
29. Burger King Scholarship - Deadline December 15
GPA 2.0; be passionate about serving your community and senior working at Burger King or the child of an employee
30. Marie Curie Scholarship (attending College of St. Mary) - Deadline December 15
$20,000 for 4 years for any Biology, Chemistry and Math majors. Minimum requirements are a 3.5 GPA and a 23 ACT score.
31. UNO: Walter Scott Jr. Scholarship - Deadline December 15
MAXIMUM AWARD: Room & Board, Books, Laptop, Fees
ACT score of 30 or higher,
3.5 cumulative GPA, demonstrated leadership abilities
For degree programs in the College of Engineering, Peter Kiewit Institute, or College of Information Science & Technology
32. Nebraska Wesleyan Stem Scholarship - Deadline December 15
For students planning on declaring a major in a STEM field, Have a high school cumulative GPA average of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 GPA scale and an ACT composite score of 23 with math and science sub-scores no lower than 25. 500 word essay, demonstrate the need for financial aid.
33. Hotelscheap.org Scholarship - Deadline December 15
$1,500 scholarship and Need based awarded.
34. Get Real About Distracted Driving - Deadline December 31 and again May 31
Design an advertisement to promote driving without distractions and pledge to not drive distracted.
35. Centris Federal Credit Union - Deadline December 31
Community service academic accomplishments & personal integrity; essay question "Member ownership, volunteer leadership and excellent personal service set credit unions apart from other financial institutions. Which of these three distinctions do you feel is the most important and why?
36. Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship - Deadline December 31
The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship is open to all students, of all ages, and can be used towards college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level!
Read all about best selling authors Gen and Kelly Tanabe here– they both graduated from Harvard debt free! The application can be accessed here.
All eligible applicants must be:
9th-12th grade high school, college, or graduate student, including adult students.
Legal resident of the U.S.
Currently in school or planning to start school within the next 12 months.
This scholarship is completely merit-based so financial-need is not something that is considered by the scholarship committee. Additionally, test scores, transcripts, any past academic performance will not be considered. What will be considered you may ask? The essay. The goal of this opportunity is to offer a level playing field for students, which is why the essay is the only consideration.
The essay should be short (250 words or less) and should answer one of the following questions:
Why do you deserve to win this scholarship?
Describe your academic or career goals.
Pick your own topic.
The first place award is a $1,000 scholarship.
37. Colorado Christian University - Deadline January 1
World Changers Full Tuition Scholarship Competition - 3.8 GPA, or 1860 SAT, 1320 New SAT
38. Nebraska Elks Association Vocational Scholarship - Deadline January 1
Two $500 scholarships (one male and one female) are available to seniors who will be attending a community college, trade school or technical school.
39. J.B. Ferguson Golf - Deadline January 1
Must have participated in h.s. golf and plan to participate at college level
40. Nebraska Junior Chamber/United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship - Deadline January 5
Maximum Award: $1,000
Each year the Nebraska Junior Chamber Scholarship Fund will award at least one $500 scholarship to a child of, member of, or former member of the Nebraska Junior Chamber who plans on continuing their education at an approved post-secondary school. The recipient of this scholarship will have the opportunity to have their application forwarded to the United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship Program. The awards must be used for educational expenses in the first year of full-time study.
41. GE-Reagan Foundation - Deadline January 7
Demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity and citizenship
The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program, a generous program for high school seniors, will soon be accepting applications. This program looks to reward college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
be citizens of the United States of America;
be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible); and plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
In addition, semifinalists must be nominated by an eligible community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official or executive director of a nonprofit organization, and must provide documentation to certify academic performance and financial need. Finalists will be interviewed via Skype or telephone by a member of the selection committee. Learn more about the qualifications of a GE-Reagan Foundation Scholar.
Qualified candidates may apply online through January 3 or until 25,000 applications are submitted, whichever comes first. Candidates must complete the secure online application and all of its components prior to the deadline or before 25,000 applications are submitted. Incomplete applications will be disqualified. If the program reaches 25,000 applications before 11:59 PM CST on the deadline date it will automatically close.
Each year, the program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years (up to $40,000 total per recipient)! Information and details can be viewed here.
42. Army ROTC National Scholarship - Deadline January 10
Maximum Award: $10,000 + other expenses and stipend
If you're interested in attending college while learning what it takes to become an Army Officer, ROTC may be right for you. In addition to teaching you valuable leadership skills, military training, and discipline, ROTC can also provide you with money for tuition and other expenses through scholarships.
43. America's Ag Farmers - Deadline January 14
There are three different scholarships to apply for here.
44. Nebraska State Colleges Governor's Opportunity Scholarship - Deadline January 15
Maximum Award: Half tuition scholarships
Available to Chadron State, Peru State or Wayne State for seniors who have an ACT score of 21-24 Application, essay and letter of recommendation required. To apply (Financial need is not a consideration).
45. Board of Trustee's Scholarship - Deadline January 15
Maximum Award: $18,000
full tuition over four years
Nebraska State College System: Chadron State, Peru State, or Wayne State
The application and detailed information is available by visiting the website. Students must also complete an application to Chadron State, Peru State, or Wayne State.
46. Ayn Rand Essay Contests - Deadline January 15
Have you read one of Ayn Rand’s thought-provoking novels? Now’s the time! Enter an Ayn Rand Institute essay contest for your chance to win thousands of dollars in scholarship prize money.
47. Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation - Deadline January 26
For the 2017-18 school year, the Nebraskans of World War II Scholarship Fund will award up to four (4) $2,000 scholarships. The Pearl Harbor Remembrance Award Fund will award up to two (2) $600 awards to students who apply for but do not receive a Nebraskans of World War II Scholarship.
Media Release Form
48. Tuskegee Airman National and Local Scholarships - Deadline January 26
Local seniors who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 interested in aviation, aerospace, engineering or technology.
49. Naval ROTC Scholarship - Deadline January 31
The Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) is a total scholarship program, covering tuition, books, related educational expenses, and monthly spending money. You can earn your degree, in a subject that you choose, from a number of top colleges and universities
50. UNL Acacia Fraternity - Deadline January 31
Three ( 1 $1000 and 2 $500) one year scholarships to incoming male freshmen and UNL
51. Discover Student Loan Sweepstakes - Deadline January 31
Win a $10,000 scholarship
52. LCMS Scholarship - Deadline January 31
Must be a member of the LCMS church and must write an essay
53. DAR Scholarships - Deadline January 31
**Many Scholarships - https://dar.academicworks.com/
54. Helena Acre Home Grown - Deadline January 31
Graduate pursuing 2- or 4- year degree in AG or science $1,000
55. NRSCA Scholarship - Deadline January 31
3.5 or higher GPA, ACT 22 or higher, planning to enter career in education $1,000
56. Gary Fisher Fine Arts Scholarship - Deadline January 31
Pursue career in fine arts $1,000
57. Greater Grand Island Community Foundation Scholarship Foundation - Deadline February 10 (Opens December 10)
Good afternoon! I am writing to let you know that our scholarship application is open now until February 10th, 2021. Scholarships are available for students from Adams, Blaine, Boone, Buffalo, Butler, Cass, Clay, Colfax, Custer, Dawson, Douglas, Franklin, Furnas, Garfield, Gosper, Greeley, Hall, Hamilton, Harlan, Howard, Kearney, Loup, Madison, Merrick, Nance, Nuckolls, Phelps, Platte, Polk, Sarpy, Saunders, Sherman, Stanton, Valley, Washington, Webster, or Wheeler counties.
You can find out more about available scholarships here: http://www.gicf.org/communities/scholarships/scholarship-directory
Here is a direct link to our universal application: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=gicfscholarship
Our universal application software allows students to complete one online application and applies them to any scholarship they meet the criteria for. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact me via email or phone.
58. NEOPA Scholarship - Nebraska Educational Office Professionals Association Student Scholarship - Deadline January 31
1 - $500 for an Office related profession.
https://sites.google.com/site/neopanebraska/awards-and-scholarships?authuser=0 - click the first scholarship with the Nebraska Educational Office Professionals Association Student Scholarship title. Download the form, and you can fil it out. Submit - email@example.com
59. Delta Theta Chi Sorority National Memorial Scholarship - Deadline February 1
National Educational Sorority for Women - 2 in the amount of $2,600
60. Delta Theta Chi Sorority National Scholarship - Deadline February 1
Based on financial need and academic rating
61. Davis Chambers Scholarship for UNO, UNL, UNK - Deadline February 1
Minimum $2,000 up to full direct cost of attendance per year Diversity Enhancement - Recognizes academically diverse and talented students. Based on financial need.
62. UNO Regents Scholarship - Deadline February 1
The Regents' Scholarship is offered to residents of Nebraska that are graduating seniors of Nebraska high schools. Applicants with a minimum ACT composite of 30 and a cumulative GPA of 3.5 will qualify. This scholarship covers undergraduate tuition and is renewable for up to five total years.
63. Nebraska Society Professional Engineers NeSPE, NSPE - Deadline February 1
(State, Eastern, and National Chapters offering scholarships)
2 - $1500 State
2 - $1000 Eastern
1 - $5000 National
64. Susan T. Buffet Scholarship - Deadline February 1
Amount: Varies by college UNL - $4,350
Renewable scholarship for 4 years to public Nebraska colleges and universities. Must have GPA of at least 2.5 and financial need with EFC below $10,000.
65. UNO Scholarships - Deadline February 1
Explore the various scholarship requirements and opportunities available through UNO
66. Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship - Deadline February 1
Several thousand is available to minority seniors who plan to attend a 4-yr college/university in the US. Criteria include leadership, dedication to community service, financial need a min ACT of 21. Essays and letter of recommendation required. Up to $28,000.
67. ESA Foundations Endowment Scholarships - Deadline February 1
Epsilon Sigma Alpha Foundation
Various Scholarships available to Nebraska students. Go to website to access all information and the application.
68. AMS Minority Scholarship - American Meteorological Society - Deadline February 1
Maximum Award: $6,000 The AMS Minority Scholarships will award funding to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, especially Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students. Funding for the scholarships is provided by industry and through donations made by members to the AMS 21st Century Campaign.
69. AMS/Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship- American Meteorological Society - Deadline February 1
Maximum Award: $5,000
The AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship program is open to all high school students and designed to encourage study in the atmospheric and related sciences.
70. Herff Jones Believe in You - Deadline February 8
Concordia will select one; based on leadership, academics, community service; essay question. Go to website and complete application.
71. The Lucinda Beneventi Findley History Scholarship - National Society Daughters of the American Revolution - Deadline February 10
There are many different scholarships offered to those accepted into an accredited nursing school. Some are fairly high and worth looking into. All are due on the same day.
72. Honors Graduation Multimedia Scholarship - Deadline February 11, March 18, April 15
Maximum Award: $10,000
Honors Graduation is offering any graduating high school senior a chance to win one of 5 awards. Choose one or all five multi-media formats to enter: Art, Photography, Video, Music, or Creative Writing - Deadlines are in rounds 1, 2 and 3.
73. AFA - Alzheimer’s Foundation of America - Deadline February 15
Write and Essay on the impact that Alzheimer’s Disease has had in your life. Winning Essay: $5,000, 2nd Place $2,500, 3rd Place $1,500, Honorable Mention $500.00
Or call sherry Cheng 866-232-8484
74. Nebraska Press Association Scholarship - Deadline February 14
This application is for journalism students. You must be attending a Nebraska based college and be seeking a career in print journalism. The scholarships will be given to students with an interest in news, editorial, photography, circulation, production/design, or marketing careers.
Students need to complete the application, letter of reference, statement from high school administrator or school counselor, and an essay.
Mail or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
NPA Foundation Scholarship Committee
C/O Nebraska Press Association
854 S Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Any questions can be directed to Susa Watson - 402-476-2851 or name email as above. Nebraska Press Scholarship.pdf
75. The National CO-OP Scholarship Program - Deadline February 15
Maximum Award: $6,000. WACE will award up to 160 merit co-op scholarships for a total value of $4,200,000. These merit co-op scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors and transfer students who plan to participate in college cooperative education at one of their Partner Institutions, have a GPA of 3.5, and write an essay (200 words or less).
76. Set Me Free Project Scholarship - Deadline February 15
Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning that will make an impact on the community in the interest of safety, and the desire to protect the vulnerable in the areas of:
Countering human trafficking
Sydney Loofe Scholarship - Deadline February 15
Created to help combat human trafficking and other issues.
Applicants to the Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship must:
Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Eligible High Schools: Nebraska High Schools (Public, Private or Exempt)
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning that will make an impact on the community in the interest of safety, and the desire to protect the vulnerable in the areas of:
- Countering human trafficking
- Online safety
- Cyber security
This list is not comprehensive. The individual must be able to demonstrate in their essay how their degree can make a difference in the lives of others.
The application can be downloaded with the link in the top right corner. Directions on how to submit the application will be enclosed.
Students should attach their resume. Optional additional attachments of activities page or list of awards is also accepted.
Students should attach their transcript.
A complete application will include a cover page with name, school, desired undergraduate degree, email address and home address.
Letters of recommendation are needed also.
77. SCC Southeast Scholarships - Deadline February 22
2.5 GPA, Accepted to SCC
78. Nebraska Wesleyan Stem Scholars Program - National Science Foundation - Deadline February 24
$649,863 awarded to STEM to be used for NWU students who plan to pursue majors in biology, chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology, mathematics or physics
79. Offutt Enlisted Spouses Club - Deadline February 28
dependent of active duty, retired or deceased military personnel; "C" average
80. Create a Greeting Card Scholarship - Deadline March 1
Design and submit a greeting card
81. Central Community College - Deadline March 1
Variety of scholarships for those attending CCC
82. The Engebretson Scholarship - Deadline March 1
Amount: Tuition not to exceed $10,000.00 per year (renewable)
Financial Need - Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) exceeding $10,000.00 will not be considered.
28 composite ACT - and 3.75 GPA
83. Numerous American Legion Scholarships - Deadline March 1 (some due dates may vary)
An American Legion, Department of Nebraska Eagle Scout of the Year Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to the Eagle Scout who best meets the qualifications and will advance to national competition for the chance to receive $10,000. Scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive their scholarships immediately upon graduation from a state accredited high school and must utilize the total award within four (4) years of their graduation date, excluding active military duty.
84. Iowa State University Academic Recognition Award - Deadline March 1
$22,00 total, $5,500 per year for 4 years
Incoming freshman entering directly from high school- awarded to those who rank in the top 25 percent of their graduating class
85. Iowa State University Award for Competitive Excellence Level 1 - Deadline March 1
$32,000 total, $8,000 per year for 4 years
ACT of at least 28 or SAT 1240
86. National Society of Professional Engineers - Deadline March 1
Ethnic minority to attend school w/accredited engineering program
87. Isaacson Incentive - Deadline March 1
enroll at UNO; GPA 3.0; ACT of 20;
88. Titan Machinery - Deadline March 1
Will pay Central Community College diesel technology program school costs
89. G. Robert Muchemore UNO Scholarship - Deadline March 1
Maximum Award: $5,000. This scholarship is awarded competitively to outstanding first-year students who are graduates of Nebraska high schools and demonstrate financial need. Typically these are awarded to applicants with above average ACT/SAT scores and rank in the top 10% of their high school class. The scholarship is renewable for up to four years total
90. UNO Alumni Association Scholarship - Deadline March 1
Maximum Award: $2,500
High school seniors that have demonstrated leadership and involvement
91. UNO Phillip Schrager Scholarship Program for Student Leaders - Deadline March 1
Maximum Award: $15,000
Leadership activities in high school and/or community involving time commitment, planning, organization and management skills, together with academic achievement, will be major criteria for scholarship selections
92. UNO Goodrich Scholarship Application - Deadline March 1
The program began in 1972 with funds from the Nebraska State Legislature. It is named in honor of Omaha's former State Senator Glenn Goodrich, who authored the enabling legislation. The mission of the Program is to provide a college education for Nebraska residents who otherwise could not afford it, while offering them a broad and meaningful experience in general education
http://www.unomaha.edu/enrollment-management/testing-center/placement-exams/english-placement-proficiency-exam.php. Applicants must have their UNO NetID credentials (username and password) to register for this ONLINE free exam. February 19, 2021 is the FINAL ONLINE EPPE date that will be accepted for Goodrich applicants--planning ahead is essential for processing.
93. McAleer/Pierce Memorial Scholarship - Deadline March 1
This scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors who have a permanent physical disability or have a parent with a permanent physical disability. An award of $500 scholarship
Preview attachment 2019 McAleer Pierce Memorial Scholarship.pdf2019 McAleer Pierce Memorial Scholarship.pdf574 KB
94. Better Business Bureau Scholarships - Deadline March 8
BBB Communications Director Margo Riekes at 800-649-6814 #8526, 800-649-6814 #8526 or email@example.com.
95. Kearney Area Community Foundation Scholarships - Deadline March 15 (some due dates may vary)
There are many scholarships listed - some for students in Nebraska, Some are specific for students graduating from Pleasanton, some are for students who live in buffalo county, and some for students specifically attending UNK
96. ASQ Section 1302 Phil Shanline Scholarship - Deadline March 15
Must be from and attending a college in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, or South Dakota
Must have a 2.0 or above.
You can mail or email the application in - this is listed on the application.
97. Darryl Fisher Memorial Scholarship - Sons of the American Legion Post #52 - Deadline March 22
$750 - Parent or grandparent needs to be a member of post #52
Mail application to - Myrom Kouba, 1015 13th Avenue, Kearney, NE 68845
Questions call 308-627-7883
Darryl Fisher Legion Scholarship.pdf
98. Chasers Charities - Robinson Athletic Scholarship Program - Deadline March 23
1 male and 1 female will receive one $1000 scholarship to be paid directly to the students institution. Transcript, letter of support from coach or principal or guidance counselor, statement of how and why how how sports have been important in your life. What athlete has inspired you?
99. Goodwill Maggie Thompson Scholarship - Deadline March 25
This is a local to NE scholarship, so it would be a good one to apply for as well.
It is for students who are living with a disability and have the desire to increase their independence through education or employment.
**I am not sure what they are defining as a disability - this could be a very broad range then since it isn't specified.
Apply here - https://goodwillne.org/maggie/
If you have any questions, you can contact Lindsey Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-440-0012
100. Mike Rowe Skilled Trades - Deadline March 28
Plumbers, electricians, welders, and all skilled workers.
We’re looking for the next generation of aspiring workers who will work smart and hard. This program doesn’t focus on test scores, grades, or grammar. It’s about the people who share our values and understand the importance of work ethic, personal responsibility, delayed gratification, and a positive attitude.
101. BEN: Black Employee Network Scholarship - Jerry Morris and Sumner Houston Scholarship - Deadline March 31
African American graduating senior planning to attend a fully accredited 4 year college or university.
102. Raymond G. Alvine Memorial - Deadline March 31
Career in mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering at UNL, UNO, Univ. of Iowa, Iowa State Univ., or Kansas State
103. Nebraska Federation and Nebraska Actuaries Club - Deadline March 31
interested in Actuarial Science and plan to attend Neb. college and major in Actuarial Science of a math-related field
104. Nebraska Society of Mayflower Descendants, Burt and Becky and Whedon Memorial - Deadline March 31
$1,620 scholarship to high school senior planning to attend an accredited 4-year college or university in the fall
105. US Bank Scholarship - Deadline March 31
The average scholarship award by U.S. Bank has been $1000 per student
106. Path to Success Scholarship - Deadline April 1
Must have at least a 2.5 GPA (grade point average)
Must be a current, graduating senior of a Buffalo County high school or certified home school or living in Buffalo County
Must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 hours) in undergraduate study at an accredited, tax-exempt school or institution of higher learning.
Must live in or attend a school in Buffalo County Nebraska.
Preference may be given to a student who will attend a two-year technical school, but this preference is not mandatory.
Preference to a student studying the trades, for example (but not limited to) welding, HVAC repair, electrician, construction tech, plumbing, surveying, etc.
107. Davis-Chambers Community College Scholarship - Deadline April 1
Must be going to a Nebraska Community College as a full time student.
Need to mail application in - list of addresses - can find additional addresses on school website if I don't have it listed.
Addresses weren't listed on this scholarship - says to mail to financial aid office for the college. Some of the colleges (all but one, I got an email for) have a person you could email the application to also, so it isn't snail mailed. I looked up the info for those:
Central Community College - Financial Aid Office
PO Box 1027
Columbus, NE 68602-1027
Metropolitan Community College - Equity and Inclusion Office
PO Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103-0777
Mid-Plains Community College - Financial Aid Office
1205 East 3rd St.
McCook, NE 69001
Northeast Community College - Financial Aid Office
801 East Benjamin Avenue
Norfolk, NE 68702-0469
Southeast Community College - Financial Aid Office
8800 O St.
Lincoln, NE 68520
Western Nebraska Community College - Financial Aid Office
1601 E. 27th Street
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Community College Davis-Chambers Scholarship.pdf
108. Buffalo/Hall County Corn Growers Scholarship - Deadline April 1
Must be majoring in an agriculture field.
Applicant's parent/guardian must be a member of the Buffalo--Hall County Corn Growers.
Complete application forms and letters of recommendation, along with a student transcript should be submitted in one packet to:
Buffalo/Hall County Corn Growers
Ryan Hanousek, Secretary
17569 W Nebraska Hwy 2
Cairo, NE 68824
Corn Growers Front Letter 2021.pdf
Corn Growers Scholarship Application 2021.pdf
109. Lincoln Builders Bureau Scholarship Program - Deadline April 1
Member Company employees and their dependents can apply: $750
(must be enrolled or plan to be enrolled as an undergraduate in the upcoming year at an accredited school)
Submit applications to -
Lincoln Builders Bureau
5910 S 58th st, Suite C
Lincoln, NE 68516
Lincoln Builders Bureau Scholarship.pdf
110. BD Scholarship - Deadline April 1
BD Scholarship program provides scholarships to those entering into a technical schools. The award is $3,000 per year (total $6,000). If awarded the scholarship, you will have a two year work contract with BD upon graduation.
Scholarships are available for the following degrees - electric, electric mechanical, mechatronics, machine tool, mold maker, and manufacturing engineering tech.
Requirements for scholarships are minimum ACT score of 18, minimum GPA of 2.5, must be admitted to the program before submitting scholarship application
Application is the PDF attached - application can be mailed to the address on the application.
BD Scholarship Program Application.pdf
111. Johnny Baxter Carriage House Scholarship - Deadline April 2
Scholarships for students majoring in an automotive related field.
Must attend a community college in Nebraska.
PDF is attached:
Johnny Baxter Carriage House Foundation.pdf
112. Kearney Area Builders Scholarship - Deadline April 5
The Kearney Area Builders Association is offering a student scholarship for graduating seniors that are interested in a career in the Home Building Industry. The scholarship is $1500/semester for at least 2 semesters but no more than 4 semesters.
Student must attend either CCC-Hastings majoring in Construction or UNK-Kearney majoring in Construction Management.
Maintain at least a B average or above each semester.
Be mentored/employed by a KABA member.
The application is online at buildkearney.com.
Kearney Scholarship Information.pdf
113. Pleasanton Local Career Builder Scholarships - Deadline April 9
Must have participated in school and community activities throughout high school
Must be a graduating senior of Pleasanton High School in Nebraska
Must be enrolled full-time (12 hours or more) in an accredited, tax-exempt school or institution of higher learning in Nebraska
Must maintain a record of good character and citizenship with a strong academic record
114. Pleasanton Local Scholarships - Deadline April 9
Turn these into the counselor.
It is one scholarship form. Please upload to DocHub and type the answers. Paperclip all requirements together and turn in. You need to print separate applications for each scholarship you apply for.
About Pleasanton Local Scholarships.pdf
PLEASANTON LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP.pdf
115. Town and Country Bank - Pleasanton - Deadline April 9
Please upload to DocHub and type the answers. Paperclip all requirements together and turn in. Can be turned into Counselor or Town and Country Bank.
Town Country Bank scholarship app 2.2021.pdf
116. Fort Kearney Conference Leadership Scholarship - Deadline April 9
Please upload to DocHub and type the answers. Paperclip all requirements together and turn in. Can be turned into Counselor .
117. Nebraska Coaches Association - Deadline April 14
$1,000 to for student who participated at least 2 years in sports, lettered, ACT of 24 and 3.75 GPS
118. Dads, Lads, and Lassies Area Scholarship - Deadline April 15
Desires that the applicant pursue a career in a wildlife-related field.
A scholarship application needs to be mailed to:
Dads, Lads, and Lassies Upland Game Hunt
|℅ Kendra Johnson
PO Box 77
Litchfield, NE 68852
OR email to email@example.com
Application is a letter covering this criteria - Your career plans, Leadership, Scholastic Achievement, Character School, and Community Activities, Involvement in the Hunt (either themselves or their family). Also, send personal data sheets
119. TransCanada Pipeline Scholarship - Deadline April 15
3 Scholarships available - Trades ($1,000 per yr), Indigenous ($5,000 per yr), Community Leadership ($1,000 per yr)
120. Nebraska Kids Chance of Nebraska Scholarship - Deadline April 15
MAXIMUM AWARD: $2,500
Kids' Chance of Nebraska is proud to provide post-secondary and trade school scholarships to the children of NE workers who have been severely or fatally injured in a workplace accident.
121. NP Realty Scholarship - Deadline April 15
The scholarship will be awarded to one graduating senior each year that plans to attend the University of Nebraska at Kearney in the fall term immediately following their high school graduation.
NP Realty Scholarship Info Sheet.doc
NP Realty Scholarship.doc
122. Buffalo Country Farm Bureau Scholarship - Deadline April 16
Applicants must live in Buffalo County and be pursuing a 2 or 4 year degree.
Mail applications to:
Buffalo County Farm Bureau Attn: Sarah
PO Box 731
Kearney, NE 68848
Or drop off application: 3915 Avenue N, Ste A, Kearney, NE 68847
Call (308) 234-2222 – Ask for Sarah if any questions
Application: Buffalo Country Farm Bureau Scholarship Requirements.doc.pdf
123. NCA/Country Inn and Suites Scholarship - Deadline April 17
The Nebraska Coaches Association and Country Inns and Suites will award eight recipients $1000 scholarships after successfully completing one semester at an accredited college or university. Recipient must meet the following criteria: (1) upper 25 % of class-Or-3.75 GPA (2) Must be at least a two year participant in two sports (3) must have earned varsity letter in two sports (4) must include at least one letter of recommendations from a high school coach (5) ACT minimum score of 24.
124. ICON Jim Hanna Memorial Scholarship (Independent Cattleman of Nebraska) - Deadline April 30
MAXIMUM AWARD: $500
Open to any child of an ICON member. The recipient may attend any school in any major of their choice.
125. WOWT Broadcast Scholarship - Deadline April 30
Two scholarships of $1,000 will be award to students enrolled in an accredited institution and plan to study broadcasting.