*** I will post scholarships here as I receive them. Please be vigilant in checking this site for all the updates and new scholarships/information.
Websites to use as search tools for scholarships:
Random scholarships - look through and find ones that work for you - https://www.mometrix.com/blog/scholarships-for-college/
Scholarship website - There are over 135; however, I will say many don't apply to the Pleasanton students. I was able to see a few that some Pleasanton kids could apply to if you want to look through them. The majority of the scholarships was for Hall County residents and graduates from Grand Island schools. It is worth looking through and applying for the ones that the students can though. Scholarship directory - see what scholarships are offered - http://www.gicf.org/scholarships/directory Create an account here and apply for the scholarships - https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=gicfscholarship
Scholarships360: Twitter (@scholarships360)
Cappex Scholarship Search
College Board Scholarship Search
1. United States Senate Youth Program - Deadline September 23
$10,000 - students will need to take a test
2. Quest Bridge - Deadline September 27
3. Wendy's Heisman - Deadline October 18 by 3PM
5. Ron Brown Scholar - Deadline November 1
Must be Black/African American, excel academically, exhibit exceptional leadership potential, participate in community service activities and demonstrate financial need
6. Dr. Pepper Tuition Contest Scholarship - Deadline November 3
7. Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship - Deadline November 14
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the competition.
8. Wayne State College Art & Design - Deadline November 15
Candidates must be seeking an Art & Design degree at Wayne State with a concentration in Studio Art, Graphic Design, or K-12 Art Education.
Must be admitted to the college first**
9. UNK Department of Art Scholarships - Deadline November 16
10. Jack Kent Cooke Foundation - Deadline November 17
Up to $40,000 per year
High achieving seniors with financial need, Test Scores, High Grades, Community Service
11. National Honor Society Scholarships - Deadline November 30
For members in NHS
12. Hagan Scholarship - Deadline December 1
FAFSA EFC must not exceed $6,500.
Must have achieved a 3.5 GPA using a 4.0 Scale.
Must enroll at an eligible four-year college or university the first semester following high school graduation.
13. KHOP Kearney Scholarship - Deadline December 1
Enter a medical program at UNK
14. RHOP Chadron Scholarship - Deadline December 1
attending Chadron State College - Have to be going into a health profession
15. RHOP Wayne Scholarship - Deadline December 1
Medical Program at Wayne
16. RLOP Wayne Scholarship - Deadline December 1
Entering to the Law program at Wayne
17. Marie Curie Scholarship (attending College of St. Mary) - Deadline December 15
$20,000 for 4 years for any Biology, Chemistry and Math majors. Minimum requirements are a 3.5 GPA and a 23 ACT score.
18. Hotels Cheap. ORG Scholarship - Deadline December 15
$1,500 - Need based
19. Walter Scott Jr. Scholarship (attending UNO) - Priority Deadline Nov. 6, Final Deadline December 31
MAXIMUM AWARD: Room & Board, Books, Laptop, Fees
ACT score of 30 or higher,
3.5 cumulative GPA, demonstrated leadership abilities For degree programs in the College of Engineering, Peter Kiewit Institute, or College of Information Science & Technology
20. Get Real About Distracted Driving Scholarship - Deadline December 31
Design an advertisement to promote driving without distractions and pledge to not drive distracted
21. Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship - Deadline December 31
The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship is open to all students, of all ages, and can be used towards college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level.
22. Nebraska Elks Association Vocational Scholarship - Deadline January 1
Two $500 scholarships (one male and one female) are available to seniors who will be attending a community college, trade school or technical school.
(Other scholarships listed with various due dates - sent same link earlier in year - look at what you can apply to)
23. GE - Reagan Foundation Scholarship - Deadline January 5th at 3PM
Demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity and citizenship
24. Army ROTC National Scholarship - Deadline January 10
Maximum Award: $10,000 + other expenses and stipend
If you're interested in attending college while learning what it takes to become an Army Officer, ROTC may be right for you. In addition to teaching you valuable leadership skills, military training, and discipline, ROTC can also provide you with money for tuition and other expenses through scholarships.
25. Grow Ag Leaders Scholarship - Deadline January 12
Grow Ag Leaders scholarship program, sponsored by Bayer Fund, engages future generations in agriculture by raising awareness of the diverse career opportunities in the industry and by providing $1,500 scholarships that enable students to further their education.
26. Nebraska Junior Chamber/United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship - Deadline January 13
Maximum Award: $1,000
Each year the Nebraska Junior Chamber Scholarship Fund will award at least one $500 scholarship to a child of, member of, or former member of the Nebraska Junior Chamber who plans on continuing their education at an approved post-secondary school. The recipient of this scholarship will have the opportunity to have their application forwarded to the United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship Program. The awards must be used for educational expenses in the first year of full-time study.
Sheri Menendez via email at email@example.com
27. Nebraska Poultry Scholarship - Deadline January 13
Nebraska Resident attending a Nebraska school interested in a job in poultry
28. J.H. & J.W. Claybaugh Memorial Scholarship - Deadline January 13
2- $2,500 Scholarships
Nebraska residents, those attending school in Nebraska, or those interested in a career in poultry based in Nebraska are encouraged to apply for the J.H. & J.W. Claybaugh Memorial Scholarship. Applicants must be incoming college freshman or post-grad students.
29. America's AG Farmers - Deadline January 14
There are multiple different scholarships to apply for here.
Apply for FFA Scholarships! - National FFA Organization
30. APIA Scholarship - Deadline January 19 at 5PM
Attending college fall 2023
**But recommender needs to respond by Jan 12 at 5PM
31. AANAPISI Scholarship - Deadline January 19 at 5PM
**But recommender needs to respond by Jan 12 at 5PM
32. Tuskegee Airmen National & Local Scholarships - Deadline January 26
Local seniors who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 interested in aviation, aerospace, engineering or technology.
33. UNL Acacai Fraternity - Deadline January 31
Three (1 $1000 and 2 $500) one year scholarships to incoming male freshmen and UNL
34. Discover Student Loan Sweepstakes - Deadline January 31
Win a $10,000 scholarship
35. DAR Scholarships - Deadline January 31
There are a lot of Scholarships so look through these - https://dar.academicworks.com/